This is the same line of waterers we use for our own flock! The 3 gallon size is large enough for about ten chickens; you'll fill it once a week or so. Consider upgrading to the larger 5 gallon or 7 gallon sizes if you have more than ten chickens.
- Durable (we've been using ours for 7 years and they're still in great condition)
- Rust-proof (entirely made of plastic)
- Dent proof
- Water won't take on metallic taste
If you are worried about twist-top, consider our five gallon 4-H Easy Fill Drinker. It's a breeze and folks love it, and it's comparable in price to our other five gallon waterers. While it's a newer product and we can't attest to the long-term
durability, there's nothing about the design or quality that concerns
- The top can be difficult for children or people with wrist problems or arthritis to screw on tightly enough to create a vacuum, and to open.
- After several years of use, the small black cap used for filling may break, although you can contact the manufacturer for a free replacement.
Can only ship to the contiguous 48 states