Hatching Eggs - Blue Birchen Marans

Availability:
Out of Stock
Your Price:
$7.00
Buy in bulk and save!:   
 

Description:

If you are looking for rare Marans colors, look no further. We have Blue Birchen Marans eggs! Colored eggs are always a more brilliant color early every laying season, and slowly fade as the season progresses. If you are an admirer of blue genetics, Blue Birchens--along with the Blue Copper Marans--are a must. Chicks from these eggs have a 50% chance of hatching Blue Birchen, a 25% chance of hatching Birchen and a 25% of hatching Splash Birchen. Blue Birchens are very rare, and most hatcheries don't even offer them, whether as eggs or day-old chicks. The Marans chicks you find offered at hatcheries are all of the Silver Cuckoo variety--other varieties of Marans are nearly impossible to find. The Blue Birchens are so rare, we don't even offer them as chicks, because we can't get enough eggs to set in quantity. These eggs will sell out fast!

The Marans breed was developed originally developed in France in the mid 1800's in the town for which it bears its name, Marans. (This is why the name of the breed always has the "S" at the end, whether singular or plural.) Marans became popular for their dark mahogany-brown eggs--a trait they are still known for today. The beautiful Blue Birchen Marans are calm, quiet and gentle. Our Blue Birchen Marans will have feathered legs, while some may have non-feathered shanks.

We do select for the darkest eggs with our Blue Birchens, but egg color with this variety is a work in progress. Eggs are medium dark but not deep chocolate like those of the Black Coppers. We anticipate a long waiting list for these beauties as they will make wonderful breeding stock.

Read more about Marans.

Shipping:  Eggs are shipped via USPS Priority Mail.  No need to choose a faster shipping method besides 'Ground'.  If you'd like eggs shipped via USPS Express Mail, please give us a call!

You Might Also Like:

Hatching Eggs - Black Copper Marans

Hatching Eggs - Black Copper Marans

Limited Availability
$6.95
Hatching Eggs - Barred Plymouth Rock

Hatching Eggs - Barred Plymouth Rock

Limited Availability
$3.95
Hatching Eggs - Easter Egger

Hatching Eggs - Easter Egger

Limited Availability
$3.95
Hatching Eggs - Welsummer

Hatching Eggs - Welsummer

Limited Availability
$3.95
New Hampshire Red

New Hampshire Red

Limited Availability
$2.45
Welsummer

Welsummer

Limited Availability
$3.60
Double-Laced Barnevelder

Double-Laced Barnevelder

Limited Availability
$8.00
Buckeye

Buckeye

Limited Availability
$3.60
Chicken Diaper

Chicken Diaper

In Stock
$24.00
Hatching Eggs - Speckled Sussex

Hatching Eggs - Speckled Sussex

Limited Availability
$3.95
The Chicken Health Handbook

The Chicken Health Handbook

In Stock
$19.95$13.95
Hatching Eggs - Standard Assortment

Hatching Eggs - Standard Assortment

Limited Availability
$2.95
Salmon Faverolles

Salmon Faverolles

Limited Availability
$3.60
Dark Cornish

Dark Cornish

Limited Availability
$2.65

Related Items: