- Henhouse Dimensions: 10' 7" wide x 9' 2" deep x 8' at tallest point
- Bird Capacity: up to 40 Standards or 50 Bantams, provided plenty of access to
- Nest Boxes: 10
- Total Roosting Space: 30'
- Vents: Two vents backed with wire mesh and hinged wood panels
- Windows: Three, screened with 1" x 1" vinyl coated wire mesh
- Exterior Material: 1' x 8' white pine board and batten, clear stained OR choice
of Duratemp siding (see color chart at right)
- Base and Legs Material: Environmentally safe pressure-treated wood
- Flooring Material: 5/8" plywood, covered in Glasbord (optional)
- Roof Material: Standard shingled roof, 30 year, 3-tab asphalt shingles atop 1/2" OSB (oriented strand board) sheathing, OR
upgrade to the 29 gauge high tensile steel Metal roof
- Shipping Weight: 2500 lbs, will place in yard to your specifications
The spacious interior of The Egg Lover provides for excellent ventilation, with
three slide-open windows (front) and two exterior vents (rear) that are all
screened with 1" x 1" vinyl coated wire mesh (pictures show 1" x 2", but yours
will be 1" x 1"), to keep your chickens in at night, and unwanted visitors out!
Your flock will enjoy a total of thirty feet of roosting space across three
roosts that span the width of the building. They will be the envy of all other
flocks in the area. These coops are made by the hard working, detail-oriented
Pennsylvania Amish. We've been to the construction site and seen it first-hand.
Your coop will hold up against the elements stand the test of time.
- Electrical package: a light fixture for up to a 100 watt bulb, an inside-mounted switch/outlet combo, and a 50' outside extension cord: $195. Add $65 for a second double outlet.
- Glasbord Floor: $150
- Glasbord Walls: $500
- Glasbord-lined Nest Boxes: $85
- 3-tab Asphalt Shingle Roof: $0, many color choices
- Upgrade to metal roof: $200
- Siding: $0, clear stain pine board and batten or several Duratemp color choices
- Trim: $0, your choice of clear stain pine board and batten or several Duratemp
- Egg Door Placement: $0, rear, side or custom placement!
- Chicken Tractor Option: Add four wheels and a handle to make moving it easy! $695.
Built with your choice of either Duratemp siding or 1' x 8' white pine board.
Duratemp is a hardboard plywood siding, and is manufactured with a strong
plywood veneer inner core and a tough hardboard face that won't split, crack or
check. It comes in your choice of colors (see the color chart at right), painted
with exterior rated latex paint. The 1' x 8' White Pine board and batten siding
option is finished with clear coat. In either case, you can expect an
attractive-looking and sturdy coop that will provide your flock protection from
the elements and predators!
Just like your own home, you have a choice when it comes to roofing materials.
Thirty-year, 3-tab asphalt shingles over 1/2" OSB sheathing comes standard on
The Egg Lover, and will provide protection from the elements for years to come.
You also have the option to upgrade to a 29 guage high tensile steel roof with
with four layers of protection, supplying strength, hardness and durability
against the outdoor elements.
is a durable, flexible building material that won't rot, mildew, mold, or
corrode. Ten times easier to clean than other similar materials, it also
features six times the stain resistance, and double the abrasion resistance.
These are all very important considerations when dealing with chickens, with
their clawed feet and propensity for poop! With this coop, you can choose to
have your entire interior lined with Glasbord! Options are available in the
pull-down menus toward the top of the page.
Your coop will arrive in 3-7 weeks, depending on the time of year and how backed up we are.
(If you need it rushed, let us know and we'll try to help.) We phone before delivery to make sure
that at least one able-bodied adult will be present to help with placement. Coops are delivered,
unloaded and placed in your yard to your specification, provided there's a 10' opening for our truck to access
This coop costs $700 more to ship anywhere on the west coast; there is no additional charge for delivery
anywhere on the east coast, as delineated in the picture at right (click to see it bigger).
Because this is a custom coop, once it has left our manufacturer, we cannot allow cancellations
due to the high cost of shipping. Please be sure this is the coop you want before you place your order!