Surfer Steve's Zucchini Frittata - A My Pet Chicken Original!
Surfer Steve is a multi-talented guy who not only (as his name implies) enjoys surfing, but also happens to be an excellent cook! Steve's whole family loves natural and organic food, and he concocted this tasty breakfast egg recipe with them in mind. Enjoy!
3 shallots, chopped
1/2 medium zucchini, grated
1/2 cup Half and Half
1 tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp fresh, flat leaf (Italian) parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pancake mix
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sauté the shallots in olive oil until golden.
- Mix eggs well in a large mixing bowl.
- Add shallots, zucchini, half and half, basil, parsley, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese & pancake mix.
- Stir ingredients well, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into well-buttered baking dish
- Bake until cake tester comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 of cheese, and broil until cheese melts and is slightly brown.
Eat with much voracity, says Steve!