Nicely Designed For a Small, Free-Range Flock
This beautiful coop is designed for a happy, healthy flock, complete with 4 nesting boxes (double what's needed for six hens), a 3.5' roosting pole with rounded edges, plenty of floor space, and excellent...
Adequate ventilation is really important for chickens, as their respiratory systems are extra-sensitive. This coop offers cross-ventilation with an 18" x 22" double-hung window that comes with a screen and, on the opposite wall, a 30" wide by 6" high ventilation slot. Close the slot in cold or foul weather; keep it open during the warm months.
Ideal Access Points
A well-designed chicken coop will have three access points: One "main door" for people to get in and out; one for chickens to get in and out; and one for egg collection. This coop incorporates all three:
- 34" high by 18" wide "main door" for cleaning and refilling your waterer and feeder. Comes with a lock and key! See it bigger
- Chicken access door, 10" wide by 13" high, comes with detachable ramp, and is ideally situated for run placement. (Build your own or purchase the run option that comes with this coop).
- Lower the nesting box door to collect eggs. See how
- For $275 more, automate the chicken access door with the "Dawn-to-Dusk" feature! This battery-operated door automatically opens every morning at dawn, letting the flock out to roam, and shuts again at dusk, keeping them safe from opportunistic nighttime predators. This investment will save you heartache and hassle!
Superior Predator Protection
The Amish build team is very sensitive to the devastation caused by predator attacks, and they've refined security measures on their coops over the years. The result is truly world-class security against predators.
- The large "main access" door comes with a lock and key
- The nest box is secured with a heavy-duty wooden swivel latch
- You can leave both the window and the rear ventilation open without worrying: both are covered by a thick gauge, 1" x 1", vinyl-coated steel wire mesh, bolted in place.
- The heavy-duty chicken access door latch is proven predator-proof.
Finished Coop Dimensions:
Leave your coop unpainted, or choose your own paint and shingle color at no additional cost! (Unpainted coops are stained as shown to bring out the natural beauty of the wood and protect from the elements.)
- 4' 3" wide
- 6' high from bottom of legs to highest point on roof
- (4' 6" high from bottom of legs to lowest point on roof)
- 4' 3" deep
- 14" underneath coop: just enough for hens to take cover!
- 12 square feet of floor space
We'll Customize Your Coop for Free!
Leave your coop unpainted, or choose your own paint and shingle color at no additional cost! (Unpainted coops are stained as shown to bring out the natural beauty of the wood and protect from the elements.) See options
Pimp this ride!
If only the best is good enough for your babies, consider these options, available for selection in the pull-down menus at the top of the page:
- Two run options: The $175 "Under Coop" run (which includes a small access door in the floor of the coop), or the $275 "Extended" run, which encloses under the coop and an additional 2' wide x 4' 6" long x 27" high, and includes a hinged side access panel. Keep in mind that this coop, like every coop we sell at My Pet Chicken, is NOT intended for full-time confinement. You will need to provide an outdoor run area in which your hens can spend most of their time--or allow them to free range.
- An attractive metal roof in one of three colors (red, green, burnished slate) for $50 extra.
- Add an electrical package, including a light fixture with a 100-watt light bulb, a light switch/outlet combo, and 50' extension cord, for $195; add a second double outlet for $65 more. (This option not available with the kit.)
- Add a "Glasbord" floor for super-easy cleaning and durability for $50 (highly recommended, since chicken poo can really stick to the plywood floor that comes standard with this coop)
Quality Amish Construction. Really.
These coops are made by the hard working, detail-oriented Pennsylvania Amish. We've been to the construction site and seen it first-hand. Your coop will hold up against the elements stand the test of time.
- Solidly constructed with quality materials
- Pressure-treated wood legs will last for years, and the space underneath the coop will protect your flock in inclement weather.
- 3-tab asphalt shingle roof over plywood protects from the elements and provides sound insulation
(The only question is: are you REALLY going to be happy with just 6-8 chickens? If not, for $300 more, consider the larger Craftsman Coop
that houses up to 15 chickens, built by the same team.)
Order the "Kit" and Save!
The Amish design team carefully crafted this coop not only to be incredibly efficient with materials and use of space, but also to ship as a knocked-down kit. East coast customers will save $300, and west coast customers will save a whopping $730! This option is especially good for those of you who want to place your coop in a location that would be inconvenient for our delivery truck to access.
The Kit Comes 80% Assembled...
...And there is no drilling or sawing required! Just bring a friend, and carve out 2-4 hours. This isn't like one of those build-it-yourself pieces of furniture that come in 200 parts: there are just 24 pieces* to put together, and roof shingles to attach. Your buddy can hold the pieces while you screw them together. No carpentry experience needed. Just make sure to have a hammer, Phillips head screwdriver, and a tape measure. A step-by-step instruction manual, complete with photos, is included!
* If you purchase the wheels or run options, there will be a few more pieces.
Extras you can't purchase with the kit include:
The Metal Roof and the Electrical package. (If you want these options, you've got to purchase the fully assembled version.)
What to know about shipping
Whether you decide on the Kit or the Assembled version, your coop will arrive within 2-5 weeks. (If you need it rushed, let us know, and we'll try to help.) Delivery is more for the western half of the country than the eastern half. See the chart
Curb side delivery is included. Please make sure one able-bodied adult will be present to help our crew with placement. You'll be responsible for positioning it in your yard or field, or for $200 extra we can place the coop exactly where you want it. We will bring a smaller truck and drive right into your yard, so if you want this option you'll need a ten-foot opening for us to get through. Please choose "in yard" from the "Coop Placement" menu above.
(If you need special placement, why not consider wheels instead? They're the same price. Build the coop in your driveway and move it wherever you want,
whenever you want!)
Please note: we do not have a storefront and orders cannot be picked up from our location. We can only ship within the United States. Shipment of chicken coops is limited to the 48 contiguous states and not Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the other U.S. territories.
on this product once it has left our warehouse due to the high cost of shipping.
Feel free to call us with your questions before you purchase so you're absolutely sure!