Our Guarantees, Return & Cancellation Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase! Please read below to learn about applicable guarantees, return policies and cancellation policies for the items we offer. We reserve the right to charge a non-refundable $5.00 fee on any cancelled order.
To change or cancel your order, please notify us by the following deadlines:
- Live poultry: by the Thursday before your scheduled ship date
- Fertile Hatching Eggs: a full week before your scheduled week of shipment
Orders placed within the above time frames may not be changed or cancelled. We reserve the right to charge a non-refundable $5.00 fee.
For losses of day-old chicks, ducklings and goslings:
You must pick up your birds the same day as they arrive and notify us within 48 hours of receipt that your birds have not survived in order to qualify for compensation as outlined below.
- If half or more survive, we will refund you the cost of the bird(s) only. Alternately, you may choose free bird(s) of equal or lesser value on a future order.
If you opt for the latter, you will be responsible for the cost of shipping, as well as enough additional birds to meet the minimum for your zip code.
- If fewer than half survive, the same policy applies as above, except we will also refund you pro-rated shipping, or you may opt for a free replacement order, provided the same breeds/varieties are available for shipping.
In no instance will your refund exceed your order total. My Pet Chicken reserves the right to require verification of losses, and to refuse to ship birds to any location to which we have determined that they cannot be safely delivered.
For losses of Chick Packs™, we will refund your credit card for chick losses reported within 48 hours, plus pro-rated shipping, if applicable.
For losses of Started Pullets & Six-Week-Old Chickens, we will refund your credit card for any losses reported within 48 hours, plus pro-rated shipping.
For sexing errors:
We will refund you for any bird which has been incorrectly sexed, provided you notify us within the following time frames:
- Any breed except Silkies: notify us between 10 to 22 weeks of the original shipment date.
- Silkies: notify us between 19 and 29 weeks of the original shipment date.
- Started Pullets & Six-Week-Old Chickens: notify us between 4 to 16 weeks of the original shipment date.
For other issues:
We will refund you these other types of issues, provided you notify us within the following time frames:
- Bird missing from your order: notify us within 48 hours of receipt.
- Incorrect breed or later-appearing deformities such as a cross beak: notify us within 19 weeks of the original shipment date.
My Pet Chicken reserves the right to require photographic evidence of sexing and other errors.
Fertile hatching eggs
If your eggs arrive cracked or broken, you must notify us within 2 business days of receipt in order to receive a refund or replacement order. Any free egg(s) included in your order will be considered a replacement for a damaged egg(s).
My Pet Chicken does not, under any circumstance, guarantee that your eggs will hatch. Even experienced poultry keepers with high-end hatching equipment often have mixed hatching success.
We reserve the right to charge a non-refundable $5.00 fee on any cancelled order.
All other products: guarantees, returns and cancellations
Many of our products come with their own guarantees. Refer to each individual product page to learn more.
If you've changed your mind or are unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return your new, unused, items, with tags and packaging intact, within 30 days of receipt. You will receive a full refund, minus shipping costs and a restocking fee of 20%, unless otherwise noted on the specific product's detail page. Just notify us and we'll provide return instructions. Once we have received and approved your items for resale, we'll promptly issue a refund.
If you receive a damaged item, notify us within four business days of receipt. We will either:
- Refund you in full or in part, depending on the extent of the damage.
- Replace your product with another of equal or greater value, at our discretion.
- Send replacement parts or a repair kit, if appropriate.
We may request photos of the damage to help us determine which replacement pieces to send, or we may require that you return the item to us for inspection, at our cost.
- Ready-made items: notify us that you'd like to cancel your order as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge a non-refundable $5 cancellation fee. If your item is in transit, we may still be able to cancel your order, and you will be responsible for shipping costs and a 20% restocking fee.
- Made-to-order chicken coops:
- notify us within 24 hours of placing your order for a full refund.
- After 24 hours, at the sole discretion of the builder, you may be able to cancel your order and receive a full refund. If the builder declines your cancellation, we will refund you any shipping amount paid, and in addition we will try to sell your coop to another party, in which case we will refund you whatever funds we recover, less a 10% service fee. (We don't want to leave you high and dry -- we understand that "stuff" happens!)