A quick and healthy breakfast. Best topped with seasonal veggies from the garden.
Cook time: 20
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of toast
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of water over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add 1 Tbs vinegar.
- Break 1 egg at a time into a custard cup or small bowl.
- Slip 1 egg at a time into simmering water, making sure to hold dish close to the surface.
- Cook eggs for 3-5 minutes. The whites should be completely set and the yolks should begin to thicken but not hard.
- Lift eggs from water using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel to dry.
- While eggs are drying, make toast and spread with mashed avocado. Add sliced radishes or fresh greens such as spinach or kale.
- Carefully top eggs on toast. Salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Serve immediately.
Notes:Get creative with toppings. Fresh garden veggies such as radishes, kale, and spinach make great toppers for this recipe.
Eggs can be poached 1 day ahead. Transfer to a bowl of ice water instead of drying off on paper towel. Cover and chill. To reheat, add to barely simmering water for 1 minute before serving.