When my mom was a teenager, she made up this egg recipe to the delight of the children she was babysitting for. It's been a family favorite ever since. Enjoy!
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- Butter, softened
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Butter both sides of both slices of bread.
- Cut out a round hole about the size of an egg yolk in the center of each slice of bread.
- Put both slices of bread as well as the holes you've just cut into a frying pan.
- On low heat, grill both sides of the bread and the two holes until medium brown.
- Remove the holes; set aside. Serve as an appetizer!
- Crack an egg over each slice of bread so the yolk falls into the hole. Egg whites will well upon top of the bread.
- Cook on both sides, to taste, and you're ready to serve!