This is my mom's simple deviled egg recipe, and just about everyone who has ever had them raves about them. She's asked to bring them to every party and family gathering. These are not your grandmother's deviled eggs!
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3/4 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Hard-boil, cool and peel eggs according to the recipe.
- Cut eggs in half (the long way) using a sharp knife.
- Remove egg yolks and put them in a large Ziploc bag. Set the halved egg whites aside.
- Seal Ziploc bag and gently mush egg yolks until crumbly.
- Add Hellman's mayonnaise and salt to bag and re-seal.
- Mush contents together until creamy, and add pepper to taste.
- Cut 1/2" off one corner of the Ziploc bag.
- Squeeze 1.5 tablespoons of yolk mixture into each egg white half, and you're ready to serve!
- Some people garnish with paprika, but you don't need to!
- Try serving these in a deviled egg dish.