Want those few extra minutes in bed? This durable automatic chicken door
from the U.K. is just the ticket. Predators won't be able to lift the
door once it's shut. The ChickenGuard Extreme Automatic Chicken Door
includes both the programmable door opener and the self-locking door unit.
Automatic door open/close options
This automatic door provides two options for setting open and close times: an easy-to-use programmable timer, and an built-in light (LUX) sensor.
You can choose between the manual programming option, or using the
light sensor to trigger your door open/close times. You can even
designate how sensitive you want your light sensor to be! The integrated
LCD screen has a simple user interface and large buttons to ensure ease
of use, even with gloves on. And there's a complete, step-by-step video
with setup instructions (see below)!
Extreme vs Premium
This door opener is simple to install and operate, and is perfect for
larger, heavier-duty coops or runs. If you've got big time chicken farm aspirations or live where winters are harsh, this is the door for you! The only real difference between this model and the Premium Automatic Chicken Door
is the Premium motor can only lift up to 2.2lbs, making it better suited to starter or lighter-weight setups.
Power with batteries or plug it inFour
AA batteries, included with your purchase, will keep your door in
operation for up to six months! A low battery warning will give you
plenty of notice when you need to change them out. If you'd rather not
hassle with batteries, there's a USB port so you can supply electricity.
(Cables not included.)
Other automatic door features
- Self-locking door cannot be opened by predators once closed.
- Manual open/close option with the touch of a button
- Door is made from aluminum, with 100% recycled plastic "runners."
- Indicator light visible on control panel from 100 yards away to show your door has been successfully closed.
worry with "fail-safe" mode! If you choose the light sensor to
automatically open and close your door at dawn and dusk, fail-safe mode
allows you to designate a time that the door must be closed by at night.
- Electronics are enclosed in a weatherproof housing. This unit works at -20 degrees C/-4 degrees F.
- No-quibble 3 year guarantee – but your automatic door should last a lot longer than that!