This will be back in stock in a few weeks. The Hen Pen Pop-Up Brooder is new and exclusive from My Pet Chicken! We tested and designed this premium brooder to solve the most common issues for those of you who raise baby chicks.
- No more cats or toddlers getting into the chicks. Our premium brooder is made of thick, strong material, and it's fully enclosable to keep chicks safe from mischievous hands and paws.
- No more jailbreaks. After two to three weeks, chicks are often able to escape traditional brooders, and you can guess what happens then: poop (so much poop!) where you don't want it, and the possibility for chicks to be injured or worse.
- No more mess. While we encourage you to put down a layer of plastic under your brooder *just in case*, or to place it on a waterproof surface, our extensive testing has shown this brooder to be waterproof. You won't have to worry about water spills, or about bedding being kicked all over the place.
- No corners for chicks to get trapped in. Corners are no bueno when it comes to raising chicks! They huddle when frightened, and tragedy can sometimes befall the ones stuck in the corner. Our octagon design ensures their safety.
- Nothing bulky to store. The Hen Pen Pop-Up brooder folds flat so it doesn't take up space when not in use.
- No more waste. You can use this brooder year after year, hatch after hatch. We carefully designed and tested this to stand the test of time.
- Up to 12 chicks or 6 ducklings up until 6 weeks of age, or double that if you plan to move your flock outdoors by 3-4 weeks of age.
- A broody hen if you want mama to raise her chicks naturally.
- Use as a hospital for an injured flock member that needs to be temporarily separated from the rest of the flock until recovered.
- Use as a temporary quarantine for new birds you're bringing into your flock.
Cleaning and storage: Wipe down the brooder with damp paper towels and allow it to completely dry before folding up for storage to avoid mildew and mold. Once dry simply collapse and fold up and slide into its storage bag until your next attack of chicken math!
Does not work with a heat lamp.
So, what are the alternatives? These are all safer heaters
. They use far
less electricity and pose a far
lower risk of catching fire, reaching no more than 185 degrees. (Many
people claim there is no fire risk at all with these heaters). They are
costlier, but in the long run you will save due to your lowered
electricity bill. Plus, if you choose a horizontal, stand-mounted heater, your baby birds will love to hop on top when they get older.
For indoor use. The Hen Pen Pop-Up Brooder is not predator-proof. If left outside for short periods of time, chicks and hens should be monitored.
Dimensions and specifications:
- Fully open: 41" x 41" x 19"
- Folded flat: 20.5" x 18" x 1.75"
- Floor space: 11 sq. ft.
- Our materials are thicker, stronger, and better. Made with thick canvas—not nylon like other pet pens. The wires are encased in rubber and canvas sleeves which won't tear through as can happen with nylon. We also designed the netting with a thicker cording and smaller holes than other pet pens which helps keep the mess in and house pets and young kids out.