Day-Old-Chicks: Black/Lavender Split Orpington
Black Orpington hen Black Orpington chicks Black Orpington chicks Lavender Orpington hen
Description:Here for a limited time only! Check out these all black orpingtons! The chicks you will receive will be all black and if you breed them together, they will produce 50% split, 25% black, and 25% lavender offspring. If you breed the lavenders together, you will have 100% Lavender Orpington chicks. They are a large, loosely-feathered bird with an upright stance and a medium-sized single comb. Orpington's are adored for their good nature and willingness to be handled. These will be some of the friendliest birds in your whole flock and will be great for households with children. Hens lay three to four, light brown eggs a week. Average weight of roosters is 8.5 pounds and hens is 7 pounds.
* The minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12 due to Rhode Island state law.
Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
|* We can ship as few as three baby chicks! Our minimums are based on your zip code, and how
long the USPS tells us it will take for your order to arrive at your post office. The longer they tell us it
will take, the higher your minimum.
Find out your minimum chick order
* Any order of 15+ chicks ships via USPS Priority Mail service, and 3-14 chicks ship via USPS Express Mail.
Why we use the USPS
* We offer Marek's vaccinations on all chicks, and you'll have the opportunity to select that during the checkout process.
* Baby chicks have special needs including heat of about 95* the first week of life! Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock.In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines, nor do we select for exhibition.