Day-Old Chicks: Hatch Day Mystery Chick (or Poult!)
Hatch Day Mystery Chick
Description:Every week, after the sexers have gone for the day, after the breed sorting has been done--the lateniks hatch. Alone in a sea of shells, they're every bit as sweet and healthy as their earlier-hatching counterparts. Consider adopting a mystery chick! Not only are they a wonderful value, but they practically double the "eggcitement" of your chick order. Figuring out which variety you've gotten is like a treasure hunt!
Your Hatch Day Mystery Chick (or Poult!) may include large fowl, bantams, or even broilers or turkey poults! Your order will be "straight run," so you've either got to be able to keep roosters or know someone who can take yours if you end up with one: you can't specify females! You also can't specify bantam vs. large fowl, chick vs. turkey poult, broiler vs. egg layer, feather color, egg color etc., so please be prepared to be flexible! (Hatch Day Mystery Chicks are not able to be vaccinated for Marek's.)
* Please note that your purchase of a Hatch Day Mystery Chick (or Poult!) will not delay your shipment in any way; it will still ship on hatch day as normal.
Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
|* We can ship as few as three baby chicks! Our minimums are based on your zip code, and how
long the USPS tells us it will take for your order to arrive at your post office. The longer they tell us it
will take, the higher your minimum.
Find out your minimum chick order
* Any order of 15+ chicks ships via USPS Priority Mail service, and 3-14 chicks ship via USPS Express Mail.
Why we use the USPS
* We offer Marek's vaccinations on all chicks, and you'll have the opportunity to select that during the checkout process.
* Baby chicks have special needs including heat of about 95* the first week of life! Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock.In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines, nor do we select for exhibition.