Want exciting breeds without the risk or hassle of hatching at home? Express Mail shipping is
included in the price of our new Chick Packs -- straight run value packs of 10, 15, or 20 rare
breed and designer chicks. (Select your desired quantity in the pull-down menu above.) Our specialty breeders incubate any eggs left
over after fulfilling orders for fertile hatching eggs, and hatch out
chicks for those of you who want some rare chicken varieties, but who
can't or don't want to incubate at home.
This particular straight-run Chick
Pack will include birds that lay intense and unusually-colored eggs! Our breeder will personally hand-pick a nice selection of chicks (minimum of 3 distinct breeds, one from each color category) for you, to ensure that each order contains a unique, varied assortment! Potential breeds include:
Green & Olive Eggs
- Ameri-Flowers – Most of these chicks will arrive crested, and grow into large, friendly birds that will lay green eggs. All of the flash of a Blommehonne, with production-like laying!
- Barred Olive Egger – Barred chicks that will lay large olive eggs!
- Blue Favacauna – Favacaunas! Blue ones!
- Blue Olive Egger – These chicks will be 100% blue and lay a large olive egg.
- Blue Sex Link – These chicks are an interesting brood. The chicks are fat with big puffy cheeks and you can sex them as soon as they hatch. The males have a white dot on their head and the females are solid blue. The chickens range from very light to very dark blue in color and the hens lay large olive-colored eggs.
- Green Magnolias – A beautiful auto sexing green egg layer that are good foragers and friendly. Some will be crested!
- Lavender Olive Egger – These chicks will have that beautiful Lavender color, and lay large olive eggs.
- Olive Egger – These eggs represent a number of different crosses, and lay eggs anywhere from sage green to a deep, army-type green.
- Sex Link Olive Egger – Lays large olive eggs!
- Barred Blue Egg Layer – These are black barred hens with big
combs--and often a crest! They lay very large, blue-tinted eggs about 5
or 6 times per week.
- Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas – Beautiful, true-breed birds, hardy in heat and cold, that lay big, blue-tinted eggs.
- Cream Legbar – Hardy birds that lay blue and blue-green eggs! Boys have a white dot,
are lighter, and tend to have a silver shade to their down.
- Lavender Ameraucana – Need we say more? Lavender color, beards and muffs, and blue-tinted eggs!
- Splash Ameraucana – Beautiful splash birds that lay big blue-tinted eggs.
- Super Blue Egg Layer – These start out as yellow chicks
and they grow into white hens with black flecks. They typically start
laying at the early age of 24 weeks. These hens lay HUGE blue eggs, five
to six times per week.
Dark Brown/Chocolate Eggs
- Birchen Marans – Always a crowd pleaser, this breed lays the second-darkest egg that we've found, after the Black Copper Marans.
- Blue/Black/Splash Marans – You never know what color your chicks will hatch, but you'll love the dark eggs they lay.
- Black Copper Marans – One of our favorite breeds. Read more about them.
- Southern Blue Bells – These lovely ladies will be blue sex-linked
crosses, who will lay dark brown eggs at a production rate! Males will
hatch with a dot, while females will not.
SEXING: These assortments are straight run chicks, meaning
they will not be separated into males and females, and therefore you
will receive both. If you need only males, only females, or specific
quantities of each, please choose from our Day Old Baby Chicks category. SHIPPING: Free USPS Express Mail Shipping is included in your purchase.
VACCINES: We do not vaccinate our Chick Packs™.