Key “Holland” Starter Coop Features:
- Room for up to 4-6 chickens, 2 - 3 Standard or 4 - 6 Bantams
- Highest quality materials and hardware to stand the test of time; coop and run are made of western red cedar
- A locking side door for easy access to birds and for ease in cleaning
- Vinyl flooring also makes cleaning easy
- Easy retrieval nesting box door
- Removable plexiglass window
- Shaded run area below the coop
- PVC feeder and waterer combo: Fill the feeder and waterer via the easy access panel below the coop.
- Run Extension, with or without a roof, is made with half-inch hardware cloth wire
- Overall coop dimensions: 33”w x 37”l x 57"h
- Coop interior dimensions: 32”w x 36”l x 33”h
- Under Coop Run: 26”w x 32”l x 23"h
- Nesting Box (1): 13" x 13”
- Nest Box Door: 11.5”w x 9.5”h
- Chicken Door: 10.5”w x 9.5"h
- Coop Window: 23"l x 4"h
- Roosting Bar: Two, each 36” long
Run Extension Dimensions:
- Run Extension: 28”w x 36”l x 39"h
- Run Access Door: 12”w x 12"h
- Run Main Door: 25"w x 35”h
Quality-Made in America
This beautiful chicken coop is handcrafted in Georgia, USA from the highest quality materials, with precision and care. Each chicken coop is made to order! Made of western red cedar, the coop should weather nicely as well as keep pests and rot at bay. The galvanized steel roof and galvanized hardware will stand up to the test of time, as will the 20 gauge, half-inch hardware cloth wire in the window and run.
Good ventilation is so important for chickens, who are susceptible to respiratory issues. This coop has a 23”long by 4”high window for ventilation, which is backed by removable plexiglass inserts to keep the coop dry and warm in the rain and snow.
Heavy-duty latches on the doors are ready for you to add the locking mechanism of your choice. Half-inch hardware cloth covering the window, under coop run, and optional runs will prevent predators and large rodents from gaining access. (Mice can still squeeze through half-inch hardware cloth... but they'll rue the day they decided to check out this coop! Chickens consider mice a delicious snack.)
A Run For Outdoor Playtime
One of the benefits of this coop is that it comes with a shaded run area below the coop. But even if you decide to allow your flock to roam free, there will be times you'll want to keep them in the safety of the confined run. The run is shown in our pictures. It is lined in half-inch galvanized, welded "hardware cloth" wire. We recommend you purchase a roll of half-inch hardware cloth at home and attach it to the footprint of your run and the shaded run below the coop (using zip ties or a heavy-duty stapler), to keep burrowing predators and rodents out, too! You can also see that there is a small run door for access to the chicken door without entering the run and there is also a large door by which you can enter the run area.
Please keep in mind that this chicken coop, just like every coop we sell at My Pet Chicken, is NOT intended for full-time confinement. You will need to provide an outdoor run area in which your hens can spend most of their time--or allow them to free range.
Easy Egg Collection and Cleaning
The nest box door on the side of the coop will allow you to retrieve your eggs easily. To clean, use the side door to access the interior of the coop. Use a shop vac or rake and scoop to clean out the bedding and then wipe down the linoleum floor.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
If you aren't satisfied with your purchase, you may return your coop within thirty days of receipt for a full refund, less the return shipping costs.
This coop arrives in panels and assembly takes less than an hour. Then it is ready to place in the location of your choosing! You will receive two boxes if you order the coop and three if you order the coop with the run extension. Each box is roughly 40"x30"x8" and weighs 50 lbs.
The Holland Coop ships via freight in 7 - 10 business days.
Please note: we do not have a storefront and orders cannot be picked up from our location. Also, we can only ship within the United States. Shipment of chicken coops is limited to the 48 contiguous states and not Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the other U.S. territories.