- Fits 5-8 chickens.
- Two nesting boxes: you won’t have to go inside the coop to collect eggs!
- Chicken door with pulley system.
- Built-in clean out door: Keep your coop clean! Allows for easy cleaning of the shavings/debris from your coop.
- Easy assembly: with 1-2 people, this coop can be built in just about an hour.
- Predator safe: very well built and nearly impossible for any predator to penetrate. The window and door have screens made of the highest quality hardware wire which keeps critters out and chickens safe.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Overall coop dimensions: 4’l x 4’ deep x 6’h
- Sidewall Height: Just under 5’
- Nesting boxes: two nesting boxes, 12” x 12” each, located 12” off the ground. Has access from the outside and matching metal top to your roof selection.
- Roosts: two roosting bars that are 4' wide and made of 2x4s with the 4" side up for comfort. Removable for easy cleaning
- Windows: One 2'x2' window, centered on back wall, with a built-in hardware wire screen.
- Chicken door: 15 ¾" tall x 11 ¾" wide
- Clean out door: 10" tall x 36" wide
- Siding: SmartSiding, with 40 yr. warranty
- Roof: Smooth metal roof is 29 gauge with drip edge, 50 yr. warranty
- Flooring: 5/8th's untreated plywood
- Total coop weight: 680 lbs
Hand-Crafted, Built to last
This charming hand-crafted hen home is made in America. It’s made with longevity in mind, and with materials that last. The pre-primed and unpainted siding is made of weather-resistant SmartSiding, that carries a 40-year warranty. The plywood flooring is 5/8” thick. The metal roof is 29 gauge with drip edge, and has a 50-year warranty.
Clean Breezes = No Sneezes
Adequate ventilation is one of the most important features of any chicken coop. Chickens have especially sensitive respiratory systems, so airflow is key. The large 2’ x 2’ windows on both the back of the coop and the door to the coop ensure proper cross-ventilation. Open them for a nice cross-breeze, and easily close to keep your chickens warmer in the cooler months. They are both covered in high-quality ½” hardware wire screen to keep pests and predators out.
Roomy Quarters for Up to 8 Chickens
With plenty of roosting and nesting space, you can happily house five standard-size chickens, or about eight or more bantams, depending on their size. This chicken coop, like every one we sell at My Pet Chicken, is NOT intended for full-time confinement. You will need to provide an outdoor run area in which your hens can spend most of their time. That could come in many forms: you could free range your flock several hours each day; if you're handy, you could build out the back of their run and enclose a much larger space;you could try out our Day Care For Chickens day-ranger; you could set up solar-powered electric poultry netting; you might even place your coop inside a much larger, predator-proof run!
Nest Boxes Aplenty
When it comes to nesting, hens are good-sharers! One of the most common misconceptions about chickens is that each needs its own nest box. Conventional chicken wisdom has it that one nest box is required for every four to five hens. You’ll find that the two included nest boxes are more than enough for your flock. The nesting boxes have access from outside the coop so you can easily collect your eggs without having to go inside.
Clean that Coop!
This coop has the features you’re looking for that makes cleaning a breeze! The clean out door, located at the floor, is a 10” x 3’ opening that allows for easy cleaning by simply sweeping the shavings/debris from inside of your coop onto a tarp outside of the coop. Fast and easy! The two removable roosting bars allows you to take them out to clean more efficiently. And with access to the nesting boxes outside of the coop, it prevents the hassle of entering the coop and making a mess of their shavings. This will also make your job easier when it comes time to clean the nest boxes and replace their bedding material within.
Today's fluffy, fat, slow pet chickens are like sitting ducks! They have no way to protect themselves from predators, so it's the job of the chicken-keeper to make sure they're safe. The Charming Coop has ½” hardware wire that covers the windows in the coop and on the door. Plus a latch on the clean out door to keep predators from entering.
Shipping and Assembly
Your coop will come with assembly instructions. Assembly is easy! For two adults, expect completion to take an hour or so. Check out this video for help with assembly!.
Charming Coops are currently in-stock and generally ship within 1-2 business days. This coop will be delivered to the bottom of your driveway, on an LTL semi truck with a liftgate. The inclusion of the liftgate ensures seamless curbside delivery.
Please note: we do not have a storefront and orders cannot be picked up from our location. We can only ship within the United States. Shipment of chicken coops is limited to the 48 contiguous states and not Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the other U.S. territories.