You already know about the health benefits of
probiotics – for us people and our animals alike, especially when
antibiotics are being given – and Hen Helper improves upon other probiotic products for poultry by introducing
beneficial levels of Humic and Fulvic acids to the formula. Scientific studies have shown that Humic acid, when added to the diet of poultry,
provide a number of beneficial effects:
- Improved resistance to pathogens and disease
- Improved weight gain
- Improved egg production
- Increased egg size
- Improved shell hardness
- Decreased mortality
We feel this product is worth offering
to your flock year-round, to head off illness or imbalance before it occurs. This product used to be called "Big Ole Bird." Hen Helper is the same product you know and love,
Effects of Supplementation of Humate and Probiotic on Egg Production and
Quality Parameters During the Late Laying Period in Hens” (2004 M.A.
Yoruk et al) See it
“The effects of humic acid on egg production and egg traits of laying hens” (2005 S. Kucukersan et al)
“Humic Acid Substances in Animal Agriculture” (2005 A. Schuhmacher et al)
“Effect of supplemental humates on performance and intestinal microflora of local chicks” (2009 R.A. Hassan, et al) See it
“Effects of dietary humate supplementation on performance, egg quality
and egg yolk fatty acid composition in layers” (2008 Muhlis Macit, et
al) See it
Directions for use:
The active ingredient in this probiotic supplement and the organic composted humus contains several strains of beneficial bacteria. Some of these strains include Bacillus mojavensis, Bacillus subtilis, Nitrobacillus georgiensis, and Bacillus megaterium just to name a few.
- Add 1 tsp Hen Helper per gallon of fresh water. One quart treats 192 gallons of water.
- Hen Helper can be given to chicks as early as day 5
- We recommend administering it to them for three days, and then off for two weeks. This recommendation is to preserve resources, however some "poultry people" continuously apply Hen Helper to maximize benefits
- Please do not apply with any disinfectants or vinegar.
- No refrigeration necessary.
- The product is deemed to be valid 18 months from the date of purchase.