Already have a few supplies, and just need to fill in the gaps? Or do you see supplies you'd like that aren't included in our all-in-one kit? Cherry pick what you want in our new, build-your-own kit. Save big over the cost of the items individually!
- Waterers are easy to clean and include a 1-quart, screw-in plastic jar and red waterer base. And we recommend you add a mess-free horizontal nipple waterer to your order, for use on chicks 8 days and older!
- Feeders come with the same 1-quart, screw in plastic jar, and a no-waste feeder base, also easy to clean
- Bedding is Kay-tee brand, 3200 cubic inches pine shavings, with no harmful oils.
- Choose either the traditional, unsafe (in our opinion!) heat bulb and lamp with clamp, and tack on the optional brooder stand--or choose the safer, less expensive (in the long run!) Sweeter Heater or Cozy Coop Heater
- Choose to add on one or more organic bedding additives (safe to eat, just in case!): Luv Nest beneficial herbs smell wonderful; DooKashi breaks down the waste through probiotics, controls odor and helps to kick-start the composting process.
- Chickie-Puffs is a nutritional supplement you can mix in with the feed of your choice. It's made from truly fine ingredients--like spirulina, kelp, alfalfa and dried insect--and our video proves chicks prefer it!
- Our exclusive brooder panels are designed by us to keep chicks inside and grow as your brood does. You may not need them, however, if you have another good brooder option at home!
- Incubator Brooder Thermometer If you're unsure about the temperatures in your brooder, or want to
check your incubator, this little thermometer will do the trick! In the
incubator, place thermometer directly on top of eggs for the most
accurate temperature reading. Displays temperature in Celsius
and Fahrenheit. Do not remove mylar backing, as doing so will make the
thermometer more difficult to read.
We ship the Build-Your-Own Starter kits within 1-2 days of receiving your order. If you order chicks along with your Kit, and your
chicks are scheduled for the next week's hatch, your chicks might arrive
before your starter kit does! So, for the safety of your chicks, please plan accordingly and order your kit for timely delivery.