Cozy Coop Heater (with mount option)
Cozy Coop Chicken Heater
Cozy Coop Heater - side view
Cozy Coop Heater - on/off switch
Heat your flock during the winter, and your chicks* during their first weeks with this versatile Cozy Coop Low Wattage Heater. We've already made it clear to you that we really don't recommend infrared heat bulbs, and this is another safe, low-wattage product you can use for heating your flock instead.
(Understanding that we run the risk of sounding like pushy salespeople,
we have to impress upon you: heat lamp-caused fires are all too real and
too common. They have happened to our own staff; tragically, a woman even died
from a heat lamp fire in her home. So, if there is only one item you
can afford to splurge on for your backyard flock, we highly recommend
that it be a safe heater like this one or these other models.)
This type of heater has been safely used for years as a "foot warmer", and the manufacturer has adapted it for use with livestock. It combines both radiant and convection heat to keep your chickens warm. This powerful heater is safe to use around animals, while using only about 13% the electricity of a standard 1,500 watt space heater.
Use the included stand, or mount it to the wall with in-built screw mount slots on the rear!
By our measurements, the "low" setting puts out a maximum of around 155° Fahrenheit; the "high" setting gets to about 165°. This heater is not designed to heat an entire room or space - instead it is meant to warm any animal near to it.
*Using for baby chick brooder: We recommend only using it if you plan to raise your chicks on paper towels, as you will not want any wood shavings, hay or combustible material touching the hot surface, just to be on the safe side. Use your discretion, as always, when dealing with heated products. We recommend one heater for every 8 chicks, at maximum. This way no chick will be "crowded out" from the source of the heat.
Key product features:
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Energy efficient; direct warmth only where you need it
- Wide "feet" make this product very stable and near impossible to tip over
- A heat-sensitive sticker glows red when the unit is on, so you can easily tell at a distance
- Uses just 200 watts; less than a typical 250-watt infrared heat bulb, which means you'll save on electricity bills!
- Unlike heat bulbs which reach 450 degrees or more, the Cozy Coop Heater only reaches around 165 degrees
- ETL Certified Zero-Clearance item (which means it meets safety standards in all 50 states)
- Two screw-mounting slots located on top rear. Just remove legs and mount!
- Item dimensions: 19" x 12" x .63"
- Weight, 6 lbs
- Cord length: 9' 10"; in-cord switch
- 120 Volts, 200 watts
- Approximate temperature on low setting: 155 degrees
- Approximate temperature on high setting: 165 degrees
- 6 month warranty