Ducklings: Black Swedish
Description:Developed in the Pomeranian area of Europe when it was a part of the Swedish Kingdom, these ducks were introduced to the USA in the late 1800s. Black Swedish ducks are hardy and have a calm disposition. They weigh 5-6.25 lbs and lay approximately 130-180 large white, tinted, blue, gray, or green eggs per
year. Eggs will weigh 80-90 grams.
These ducks have black plumage except for the white feathering on the front of their neck, on their breast, and at the end of their tail. The male's head has a green sheen but both the male and female have dark eyes and a slate blue bill. Their shanks and feet are reddish brown with irregular grayish black markings. Black Swedish ducks breed true, so if you mate a Black Swedish with a Black Swedish, all of the progeny will be Black Swedish.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.