Ducklings: Grimaud Hybrid Pekin
Grimaud Hybrid Pekin Ducks
Description:Our breeder uses Pekin breeding birds purchased from Grimaud Freres, a French poultry breeding company. These ducks have 100% Pekin blood. They are called hybrids because a large male duck is crossed with a good-sized female duck that lays a high number of fertile eggs. Not only are they great layers, but they're wonderful for meat production, if that's your thing! These birds grow fast, and they won't be feed hogs, either.
Mature Pekins have pure white feathers, orange legs and bills, and blue
eyes; as ducklings, they are fluffy and yellow and very cute. Pekin ducks are in the heavy class, weighing 8-12.25 lbs. They have a
calm disposition and the female lays 150-200 extra-large eggs weighing 90-100 grams per year. Almost all the eggs will be white, with less than 2% tinted blue-green.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.