Ducklings: Runner Assortment
Assorted Runner Ducks
Description:If you just want an assortment of Runners, and you don't care which colors you will receive, then you can save some money by ordering the Runner Assortment. If you order six or more, we will make sure you get at least two colors and if you order fifteen or more, you will get at least three different colors. Although you can't order specific colors, you can order sexed ducklings and get the sexes you want.
The Runner Assortment may include any of the following colors: Black, Blue, Chocolate, or Fawn-and-White. Runners weigh 3.25-4 lbs and the females lay 100-180 large eggs weighing 65-80 grams per year. Runner females will lay either white or light green eggs, with some laying dark gray or even blackish eggs at the beginning of the season.
Initially bred in Southeast Asia, all Runners have ancestry that dates back to Java over 2000 years ago. They were mistakenly named “Indian” Runners when first imported to England in the 1850s because they arrived on a ship from India; the importing family finally disclosed in 1909, that these runners were in fact from Southeast Asia.
The first Runners imported into England were Fawn, Fawn-and White, and White. They were first exhibited in 1877 at the Dumfries Show in Scotland. Later in 1898, they were admitted into the American Standard Registry, though the Black, Blue, and Chocolate varieties were not recognized until 1977.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.