Ducklings: Welsh Harlequin
Welsh Harlequin duck Welsh Harlequin pair Welsh Harlequin duckling Welsh Harlequin Ducklings Welsh Harlequin Female Duckling Welsh Harlequin Female Duckling Welsh Harlequin Male Duckling Welsh Harlequin Male Duckling
Description:The Welsh Harlequin is a fairly new breed, developed by Leslie Bonnett in Wales from two off-colored Khaki Campbell ducklings in 1949. They are becoming a very popular breed because they have excellent egg production abilities and they will instinctively sit and hatch a nest full of ducklings. They are extremely calm birds but also very inquisitive and excellent foragers. The feather patterns and colors on the adult females are especially beautiful. Of the two color variations found in Welsh Harlequins (Silver and Gold), ours are the more common Silver variety. The Welsh Harlequin weighs 4.5-5.5 lbs and the female lays 100-150 large, pearly white eggs weighing 75-85 grams per year. A very small percentage may be tinted blue or green.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.