Goslings: Classic Roman
Classic Roman geese
Description:This Classic Roman breed appears to have originated in Italy and is one of the oldest breeds. It was credited for saving the capital of Rome during the siege by the Gauls in fourth century B.C. During the night, assailants climbed to the summit, hoping to take it by surprise. The dogs slept but not the geese! The honking of the geese awakened Marcus Manlius and the intruders were repelled.
Most Roman geese like our Classic Roman breed, do not have a tuft or crest on their head. We do, however, sell Roman Tufted geese if you are interested in purchasing them. The Classic Roman has a calm disposition and is small in size, weighing 10-13 lbs. The females lay 20-30 large, white eggs per year and are good mothers.
These geese have pure white plumage, blue eyes, a pinkish to reddish orange bill with a white bean, and orange to pinkish orange shanks and feet.
Our geese will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred geese, make sure you separate your geese by breed
during the mating season. Or you can let your geese cross and see what
different shapes and colors you will get with their goslings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.