Goslings: Large Dewlap Toulouse
3Very Limited Availability
2Very Limited Availability
Description:In England during the 1850's, the Large Dewlap Toulouse was developed for exhibition purposes from the common Toulouse. This unique breed has a large dewlap of skin hanging below its beak, a deep keel hanging from its breast, and two lobes in its full paunch. Also, this breed will continue to grow for several years, not reaching its peak development until it is at least three years old.
The Large Dewlap Toulouse has a very calm disposition and weighs 18-25 lbs. The female lays 15-25 extra large, white eggs per year.
Though fertility can sometimes be a problem with this breed, the fertile eggs hatch as well as all the other breeds. For the breeding season, you want to keep your goose trim and fit (as with all goose breeds). However, if you want to show your Large Dewlap Toulouse, you will want to get them as heavy as possible.
Our geese will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred geese, make sure you separate your geese by breed
during the mating season. Or you can let your geese cross and see what
different shapes and colors you will get with their goslings.
*You may order a maximum of 4 Large Dewlap Toulouse goslings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.