This is the same line of waterers we use for our own flock! The 7
gallon size is large enough for about twenty or more chickens. Consider the smaller 5 gallon or 3 gallon sizes if you have fewer than that.
- Durable (we've been using ours for 7 years and they're still in great condition)
- Rust-proof (entirely made of plastic)
- Dent proof
- Water won't take on metallic taste
If you are worried about the top, consider our five gallon 4-H Easy Fill Drinker.
It's a breeze and folks love it, and it's comparable in price to our
other five gallon waterers. While it's a newer product and we can't
attest to the long-term
durability, there's nothing about the design or quality that concerns
top can be difficult for children or people with wrist problems or
arthritis to screw on tightly enough to create a vacuum, and to open.
- Seven gallons of water gets very heavy (56 pounds).
- After several years of use, the small black cap used for filling may break, although you can contact the manufacturer for a free replacement.
If you have 20+ chickens, you might consider our fully automatic poultry founting, which hooks right up to a hose.
Can only ship to the contiguous 48 states