Ample space for a small, free range flock
The interior of this coop is designed to keep your small flock in harmony, from the extra-long roosting bar to three nesting boxes (one more than is required for 6-8 chickens), plus a full fourteen square feet of floor space: plenty to accommodate a large waterer and feeder. Exterior dimensions:
- 5' 7" high from bottom of legs to top of highest point on roof
- 4' 8" from bottom of legs to lowest point on roof
- 4' 9" wide, not including the nest box, which is 14" wide
- 3' 3" deep
- 12" high underneath coopPlease keep in mind that this coop, like every coop we sell at My Pet Chicken, is NOT intended for full-time confinement. You will need to provide an outdoor run area in which your hens can spend most of their time--or allow them to free range.
Ideal Access Points
A well-designed chicken coop will have three access points: One "main door" people to get in and out; one for chickens to get in and out; and one for egg collection. This coop incorporates all three:
- Extra large 3 foot-high by 2 foot-wide "main door" makes it easy to clean, and refill waterer and feeder. Comes with a detachable screen door, too! See it
- Chicken access door comes with detachable ramp, and is ideally situated for run placement, if you choose to build one. See it bigger
- To access your eggs, just lift the top of the nesting box See how
Good ventilation is really important for chickens, as their respiratory systems are extra-sensitive. The clever metal vent on the back of this coop keeps rain, snow and predators out! See it bigger
We also include a free wire mesh cover for your door should you feel your birds need extra ventilation, but please note that it is not predator proof - you'll have to make those modifications yourself.
(The 12" x 12" windows pictured do NOT open, but are important for regulating your flock's bio-rhythms. Sunlight also helps to prevent bacterial overgrowth.)
Excellent protection from predators
All three access points are secured with latches. Add padlocks to the front and side doors if you want extra security. Built-in windows do not open, so nasty nighttime predators like raccoons can look, but they can't touch!
We'll customize your coop for free!
Leave your coop unpainted, or choose your own paint and shingle color at no additional cost! (Unpainted coops are stained as shown to bring out the natural beauty of the wood and protect from the elements.)
Pimp this ride!
If only the best is good enough for your babies, consider these options, available for selection in the pull-down menus at the top of the page:
- An attractive metal roof in one of three colors (red, green, burnished slate) for $50 extra.
- Add an electrical package, including a light fixture with a 100-watt light bulb, a light switch/outlet combo, and 50' extension cord, for $195; add a second double outlet for $65 more.
- Add a "Glasbord" floor for super-easy cleaning and durability for $50 (highly recommended, since chicken poo can really stick to the plywood floor that comes standard with this coop)
Quality Amish construction. Really.
These coops are made by the hard working, detail-oriented Pennsylvania Amish. We've been to the construction site and seen it first-hand. Your coop will hold up against the elements stand the test of time.
- Solidly constructed with quality materials
- Pressure-treated wood legs will last for years, and the space underneath the coop will protect your flock in inclement weather.
- 3-tab asphalt shingle roof over plywood protects from the elements and provides sound insulation
(The only question is: are you REALLY going to be happy with just 6-8 chickens? If not, for $300 more, consider the larger Craftsman Coop that houses up to 15 chickens, built by the same team.)
What to know about shipping
The coop comes fully assembled and our driver will drop it off in your driveway! Delivery is $600 more for the western half of the U.S. See a chart
Please make sure one able-bodied adult will be present to help our delivery man with placement. You'll be responsible for positioning it in your yard or field, or for $200 extra we can place the coop exactly where you want it (due to the additional equipment and time involved). We will bring a smaller truck and drive right into your yard, so if you want this option you'll need a ten-foot opening for us to get through. Please choose "in yard" from the "Coop Placement" menu above.
Please note: we do not have a storefront and orders cannot be picked up from our location. We can only ship within the United States. Shipment of chicken coops is limited to the 48 contiguous states and not Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the other U.S. territories.
NO CANCELLATIONS on this product once it has left our warehouse due to the high cost of shipping.
Feel free to call us with your questions before you purchase so you're absolutely sure!