Avocado Deviled Eggs
I know it’s not even St. Valentine’s Day, but I have St. Patrick on my mind! It’s cold here in West Virginia. We’ve just had our second ice storm in a week. The sun is sharp and bright, and while other more amorous types might be seeing red, I’m longing for nothing but green these days. So, I pulled out this recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs that is a perfect treat anytime, but especially for St. Patrick’s Day meals and gatherings!
1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chopped dill, bacon, or green onions for toppings
- Hard boil 6 eggs.
- Cut your hard boiled eggs in half and gently remove the yolks. Place the yolks in your food processor or mixing bowl. Set your whites aside.
- Scoop avocado into a food processor, too.
- Add your ½ cup of mayonnaise, lemon, and salt into the food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fill egg white halves with the mixture.
- Place on a decorative plate and sprinkle with toppings.
These are best enjoyed within a few hours, otherwise, you’ll have to deal with browning. If you need to store, be sure to place them in an airtight container.
Recipe from Loretta at My Pet Chicken.