Baked Eggs in Squash Nests
A healthy meal or snack that can be eaten any time of day. Best made with fresh eggs from the coop and fresh zucchini or squash from the garden.
2 hours 15 minutes
- 2 cups grated or spiralized zucchini or squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 12 eggs plus 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2.5 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over a medium - high heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until tender, about 3-6 minutes.
- Add onion and zucchini mixture to a bowl with egg white, garlic powder, salt, pepper, flour, and cheese. Mix well.
- Scoop equal amounts into 12 cup muffin cup tray. Using your fingers or a spoon, press the zucchini down and around the sides of the muffin cup using a spoon or your fingers. This will create your nest.
- Place the nests in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top edges become crispy and golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees and remove muffin tin from the oven.
- Crack 1 egg into each tin.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until egg whites are fully cooked.
Notes: Serve with chives and enjoy.