Delicious chewy brownies made by four generations in our family.
1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large chicken eggs or 3 duck eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt unsweetened bakers chocolate and shortening over a double boiler.
- Beat together cups sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly beat into the melted chocolate mix.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into chocolate mixture until combined. Optional 1 cup chops nuts of choice.
- Pour into a parchment lined asquare pan (or greased.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
Recipe from Shannon at My Pet Chicken.