Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs.
Ah, the hard-boiled eggs: the Easter treat, the dieter's best friend; well-loved in America and abroad! We hate it when the yolks are green or gray (overcooked) or mushy in the middle (undercooked). They should be yellow and the same consistency throughout. Follow this surefire hard boiled egg recipe for success every time!
- Gently place eggs in a pot to which you have a cover
- Fill with cold tap water until the eggs are totally immersed
- Bring the eggs to a boil on your stovetop under medium-high heat
- Boil for 5 minutes exactly
- Turn burner off; cover pot with lid and let sit for 20 minutes
- Pour out hot water, being careful that eggs do not fall out of the pot
- Add cold water and ice cubes to pot, immersing the eggs fully.
- Cool for 30 minutes
- Peel and eat right away, or cover and refrigerate until you're ready!
Notes: - Crack entire egg shell before peeling
- Freshly-laid eggs (like the ones our hens lay) are very difficult to peel. Make it
easier by cooling in icy water for another 20-30 minutes after cracking.