Pickled Eggs with Beets
An easy and quick way to make pickled beets and eggs.
1 hour plus 4 plus hours of chill time
- 8 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 can (15 oz) of sliced beets (with liquid)
- 1 onion sliced into rings (may be omitted)
- 1 cup vinagar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- In a saucepan, combine beets, vinegar, sugar, water, salt and, pepper.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Let liquid cool then pour over eggs into a quart size wide mouth jar. Add onion slices if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
Tastes great on salads, as deviled eggs, or alone as a snack.