Oeufs Au Nuage (Egg in a cloud).
This egg recipe comes from our good friends James and Ann, and is a fun alternative if you enjoy eggs and toast!
4 slices of your favorite bread
Parmesan cheese (if desired)
Sprinkle of Paprika (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Grease 4 custard cups
- Toast and generously butter 4 slices of bread and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Crack eggs, carefully separating each yolk into a greased custard cup.
- Pour remaining egg whites into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the whites to stiff peaks.
- Spoon the whites evenly onto the toast, leaving a well in the middle for the yolk
(like for mashed potatoes and gravy).
- Slide 1 yolk into the well on each piece of toast
- Sprinkle with parmesan or paprika as desired, and bake at 450 for 5 minutes.