Alive & Healthy Guarantee
Alive & Healthy Guarantee
The health and well-being of our poultry is our top priority. My Pet Chicken guarantees that your poultry will arrive alive and healthy, or we will make it right. Please read below to learn about our Alive & Healthy Guarantee.
For losses of day-old chicks, ducklings and goslings:
You must pick up your birds the same day as they arrive and notify us within 48 hours of receipt that your birds have not survived in order to qualify for compensation as outlined below.
- If half or more survive, we will refund you the cost of the bird(s) only. Alternately, you may choose free bird(s) of equal or lesser value on a future order. If you opt for the latter, you will be responsible for the cost of shipping, as well as enough additional birds to meet the minimum for your zip code.
- If fewer than half survive, the same policy applies as above, except we will also refund you pro-rated shipping, or you may opt for a free replacement order, provided the same breeds/varieties are available for shipping.
In no instance will your refund exceed your order total. My Pet Chicken reserves the right to require verification of losses, and to refuse to ship birds to any location to which we have determined that they cannot be safely delivered.
For losses of Chick Packs™, we will refund your credit card for chick losses reported within 48 hours, plus pro-rated shipping, if applicable.
For losses of Started Pullets & Six-Week-Old Chickens, we will refund your credit card for any losses reported within 48 hours, plus pro-rated shipping.
For sexing errors:
We will refund you for any bird which has been incorrectly sexed, provided you notify us within the following time frames:
- Any breed except Silkies: notify us between 10 to 22 weeks of the original shipment date.
- Silkies: notify us between 19 and 29 weeks of the original shipment date.
- Started Pullets & Six-Week-Old Chickens: notify us between 4 to 16 weeks of the original shipment date.
For other issues:
We will refund you these other types of issues, provided you notify us within the following time frames:
- Bird missing from your order: notify us within 48 hours of receipt.
- Incorrect breed or later-appearing deformities such as a cross beak: notify us within 19 weeks of the original shipment date.
My Pet Chicken reserves the right to require photographic evidence of sexing and other errors.
Fertile hatching eggs
If your eggs arrive cracked or broken, you must notify us within 2 business days of receipt in order to receive a refund or replacement order. Any free egg(s) included in your order will be considered a replacement for damaged egg(s).
My Pet Chicken does not, under any circumstance, guarantee that your eggs will hatch. Even experienced poultry keepers with high-end hatching equipment often have mixed hatching success.
We reserve the right to charge a non-refundable $5.00 fee on any canceled order.