Welcome to our policy page! At My Pet Chicken, your satisfaction and confidence in shopping with us are our top priorities. We understand that the joy of adding to your flock or selecting the perfect products comes with the need for clear, supportive policies that offer peace of mind and flexibility. Below, you'll find detailed information on our guarantees, return policies, and cancellation policies, all designed with your best interests in mind. Each section is crafted to ensure you have a seamless and positive experience, from browsing to receiving your order and beyond. Should you have any questions or need further clarification, our dedicated customer service team is here to assist you every step of the way.
We understand that sometimes life gets in the way of our best-laid plans and we want you to have peace of mind when placing an order for your flock. To support our customers' changing needs, we're pleased to offer one free cancellation per calendar year on any live bird order. This policy is unmatched in our industry and is designed to give you confidence in placing an order and offer understanding when your circumstances change unexpectedly. After your single yearly free cancelation, you will be charged a non-refundable $10.00 fee on any canceled order. This fee helps us recoup a portion of payment processing fees and customer service time.
To change or cancel your order, please notify us by the following deadlines:
- Live Poultry: On or before the Thursday preceding your scheduled ship date.
- Fertile Hatching Eggs: One full week before your scheduled shipment week.
We always try to accommodate our customers' needs, however, we can not guarantee orders placed after the above time frames can be changed or cancelled.
Day-old Chicks, Ducklings, or Goslings Losses:
We understand how disappointing it can be to face losses in your order. For the health and safety of your new birds, orders must be picked up at the post office the day they arrive. If you encounter such an unfortunate event, you must notify us within 48 hours of receipt so we can make it right.
- When 50% or more of your order survives, we will refund you the cost of the bird(s) only. Alternatively, you may choose free bird(s) of equal or lesser value on a future order. If you opt for the latter, you will be responsible for the cost of shipping, as well as enough additional birds to meet the minimum.
- When less than 50% of your order survives, the policy above applies, plus we will refund your shipping on a pro-rated basis. Alternatively, you may opt for a 100% free replacement of your losses, including shipping, provided your selected breeds are available on a date of your choosing and your replacement order meets the seasonal minimum shipping requirements.
For losses of Chick Packs™ Assortments, we will refund your payment method for chick losses reported within 48 hours, plus pro-rated shipping, if applicable.
For losses of Started Pullets & Six-Week-Old Chickens, we will refund your credit card for any losses reported within 48 hours, plus pro-rated shipping.
For live bird sexing errors, we will refund you for any bird that has been incorrectly sexed, provided you notify us within the following time frames:
- Any breed except Silkies: Notify us between 14 to 22 weeks of the original shipment date.
- Silkies: Notify us between 19 and 30 weeks of the original shipment date.
- Started Pullets & Six-Week-Old Chickens: Notify us between 4 to 16 weeks of the original shipment date.
Other Heath, or Genetic Issues:
We will refund you the following issues, provided you notify us within the allotted time frames:
- Bird missing from your order, wry neck, curled toes, or spraddle leg: Notify us within 48 hours of receipt.
- Cross beak: Notify us within 14 days of receipt. Additional time may be allowed on Easter Egger breeds only.
- Incorrect breed: Notify us within 22 weeks of receipt.
My Pet Chicken may require photographic evidence of losses, mis-sexing, or other errors. Your refund will never exceed your order total and we can not be held responsible for other costs associated with your losses. We may refuse to ship birds to any location to which we have determined the birds cannot be safely delivered.
Fertile Hatching Egg Policies
We want every chicken keeper to experience the joys of hatching eggs, but realize that the uncertainty can be a challenge. Nature can be tricky and no hatching egg supplier can promise any particular egg will hatch, especially since the shipment handling and incubating is completely outside of our control. While a 50% hatch rate is generally considered a success, even for commercial hatcheries, we realize low hatch rates can be very frustrating.
In response, My Pet Chicken is excited to offer an innovative and industry-leading Minimum Hatch Rate Guarantee, giving you the confidence to hatch eggs at home! Orders of 12 eggs or less experiencing a 25% or lower hatch rate, qualify for one fully complimentary reshipment including shipping.
Orders greater than 12 eggs are offered at a discounted rate and do not qualify for the 12 eggs or less policy. However, larger orders with a hatch rate of 8% or less qualify for 50% off a replacement order, and replacement shipping is not included. If you want the more generous policy, you may want to place two smaller orders.
How to Receive your Reshipment of Hatching Eggs:
To receive your discounted or free reshipment, you must contact us within six weeks of the ship date. We'll ask a few questions, offer some helpful advice, and place a new order for the next available date for your selected breeds. We are not able to provide a refund as an alternative.
Additional Policies for All Hatching Egg Orders
If your eggs arrive cracked or broken, you must notify us within two business days of receipt to receive a refund or replacement order. Any bonus egg(s) included in your order will be considered a replacement for a damaged egg(s).
Non-Live Products: Guarantees, Returns, & Cancellations
Many of our products come with specified manufacturer guarantees that supersede the following policies. Refer to individual product pages for more details.
- Ready-made items: We will ship your order as quickly as possible to ensure timely delivery. To cancel an order, you must notify us before the order is shipped. Refunds over $200 will be reduced by 3% to help us recoup the costs of our non-refundable transaction fees. Orders over $200 utilizing Shop Payments will be reduced by 5%, which is our cost on those financed transactions. If your item is in transit, we may still be able to cancel your order, and you will be responsible for shipping costs plus a 20% restocking fee.
- Made-to-order chicken coops: You must notify us within 24 hours of placing your order for a full refund. Refunds will be reduced by 3% to help us recoup the costs of our non-refundable transaction fees. Orders over $200 utilizing Shop Payments will be reduced by 5%, which is our cost on those financed transactions. After 24 hours, refunds will be at the sole discretion of our custom builder and based on their production schedule. We know these coops are a significant investment, so if extenuating circumstances arise, we will do our best to find an amicable solution for you.
If you've changed your mind or are unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return your new, unused, items, with tags and packaging intact, within 30 days of receipt. You will receive a refund, minus shipping costs and a modest restocking fee of 10% to cover our expenses unless other terms are specifically noted on the specific product's detail page. Just notify us and we'll provide return instructions. Once we have received and approved your items for resale, we'll promptly issue a refund.
Damaged or Defective Items
Please check product pages for specific policies and warranties. In general, if you receive a damaged or defective item, please notify us immediately upon receipt, allowing us to file a case with the manufacturer or shipper. Late reporting may not be eligible for a refund. We may ask you for photos or we will provide a shipping label to return the damaged or defective item for repair or inspection. After receipt, we will offer a fair resolution depending on the extent of the damage or defect.
Your resolution may include any combination of these options at our discretion:
- Full or partial refund
- Replacement product of equal or greater value
- Replacement parts or a repair kit, when appropriate, and agreed upon
Returned items found not to be defective will be treated as standard product returns.
Our Commitment to Your Happiness
Thank you for taking the time to review our policies. We've designed them with your satisfaction and convenience in mind, ensuring that every aspect of your experience with My Pet Chicken is as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible. If you need any assistance or would like more information, our Flock Care Specialist team is just a message or phone call away. We're committed to providing you with the support you need to make informed decisions and ensure that you're delighted with every aspect of your purchase. Reach out to us at any time; we're here to assist you with expertise and care!