A perfect summer treat! Try this delicious lemon tart with a flaky buttery crust that is easy to make.
Cook time: 1 hour
TART CRUST - Makes 1 (9 inch) tart crust
- 1 stick of melted unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 2.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, more if needed
LEMON TART FILLING - Makes enough filling for 1 tart
- 1 Meyer lemon, cut into quarters, rind and all!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 chicken eggs OR 3 duck eggs
- TART CRUST - Heat oven to 350 degrees and place cooking rack in the middle of the oven
- Combine the butter, sugar, and salt in a bowl and stir until mixed evenly
- Add the flour and stir in until just combined and a soft dough forms
- Spray tart pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the dough over the bottom of the tart pan (with removable liner). Using your fingertips or a cup, press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Cover the tart shell and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Once chilled, poke holes with a fork all over and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack completely before filling and removing from pan
- FILLING - Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until combined
- Pour into the tart shell
- Bake for 40 minutes on a cookie sheet. Make sure the top doesn't burn!
- Let cool on a wire rack. Once cool, serve, and enjoy
You can decorate and garnish this tart with edible garden flowers, fresh berries, sliced lemon, or mint!