Baby Chick Starter Kit
- Ten, reusable, 20" high by x 24" wide, interlocking, double-walled cardboard panels, which forms the "house"
- One bag of compressed pine shavings for bedding (3200 cubic inches)
- One 5-pound bag of non-medicated chick starter feed for layer-type, dual-purpose, or broiler-type chicks
- One, one-quart waterer with a red water base
- One, one-quart feeder with a feeder base
- One heavy-duty heat lamp with ceramic socket and clamp*
- One 250-watt, red, infrared heat bulb*
*The truth is, we hate infrared heat bulbs
Please consider upgrading to one of the other heaters. 250-watt infrared heat bulbs aren't the safest choice. People have been using them to raise chicks for decades, and they're economical upfront, so they're extremely popular. But because these bulbs can reach 435°, they pose a fire hazard. Therefore we are offering an upgrade to a much safer alternative at a discount: choose from the Cozy Coop Heater or the overhead mount Sweeter Heater. These heaters reach much safer temps and offer a whole host of benefits in addition to using less electricity. (Plus, you'll save off the list price!)
Superior panels form the "house"
Interlocking double-walled cardboard panels form the chick "house." Measuring 20” high, they are a full 8” taller than the typical starter kit, which means your chicks will be better protected from drafts and won’t be able to jump out until they’re much older! The double-walled design makes them extra sturdy, and able to be used over and over again.
Use as few as 4 panels, or as many as 10
Please note: Our kit does not include a thermometer. The best way to gauge your flock's comfort level is to watch their behavior. More on that here.
Your kit includes instructions for assembling the brooder, plus all the "how-to" baby chick care information you'll need to get started, including how best to regulate the heat.
Due to health and safety concerns, food products cannot be returned.