Goslings: Brown Chinese
Brown Chinese pair Brown Chinese gosling
Description:As with the African and Super African goose, the Brown Chinese goose originates in China from the wild Asiatic Swan goose. The Brown Chinese is the smallest breed of goose we have and its coloring is similar to the African and Super African goose though somewhat darker. And unlike the African and Super African goose, the Brown Chinese does not have a dewlap but it does seem to have the most pronounced knob among these Chinese breeds.
The Brown Chinese has a dark russet brown head with a dark slate knob, light fawn cheeks, dark brown eyes, and a black or dark slate bill. Its neck is fawn with a distinct dark russet brown stripe running down the back. Its back, tail and wings range in color from medium to dark russet brown and its breast, body and fluff are light in color with shading from grayish fawn to white. Its legs and feet are orange.
This light and elegant goose breed tends to be noisier than the non-Chinese breeds but it has above average fertility, and is excellent at weeding. This breed weighs 9-10.5 lbs and lays 30-45 medium-to-large white eggs per year.
Our geese will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer. If you want purebred geese, make sure you separate your geese by breed during the mating season. Or you can let your geese cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get with their goslings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.