MPC Exclusive, Rare
Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Bountiful Blue Egg Layer
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
The Bountiful Blue Egg Layer is a custom cross, bred exclusively for My Pet Chicken. We've crossed our favorite egg-laying breed with our most beautiful blue egg layers. The result is the Bountiful Blue Egg Layer, prolific layers of large, blue-tinted eggs! This breed is the same great bird as the Super Blue Egg Layer but with a new name.
They start out as adorable yellow chicks who will grow up to be lovely white with black flecks throughout. The Bountiful Blue Egg Layers are friendly and curious, but best of all, they are extremely versatile. You'll find they will do well in both warm and cool climates and produce large blue eggs at an astounding rate!
Our girls average five to six eggs a week, even through the heat of summer. Bountiful Blues will have pea combs and lay blue-tinted eggs. Your ladies will typically begin laying at 22-24 weeks of age, so get ready for a basket full of big, blue-tinted, gorgeous eggs.
This mix tends to go broody, as reviews will attest, so bear that in mind! If you don't have the patience to break a broody, we recommend Legbars instead.
Please Note: On average, 15/16 pullets will lay blue eggs when they mature. Because these are first-generation crosses (F1), statistically, 1 out of 16 birds will have a single comb and will not lay blue eggs.
Please also remember that your blue eggs may be anywhere from pale blue hued to a more intense aqua blue.
- Easter Egger Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Easter Egger
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.