Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Double-Laced Barnevelder
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
The Barnevelder hails from the Barneveld region of Holland where it is so well-known that, according to the Barnevelder Club of North America, the Barnevelder name is synonymous with the word chicken. It is sought after there for its dark "chocolate" brown eggs, and while Barnevelder eggs in this country have lost some of that dark pigment, breeders here are working hard to change that. This beautiful bird with the in-demand, beautiful "double laced" feathers is hardy and quiet and doesn't mind being confined. In short, it makes a wonderful pet!
Related Baby Chick Articles:
- Barnevelder Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Barnevelder Chicken
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.