MPC Exclusive, Rare
Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Baby Chicks: Partridge Olive Egger
Regular price $34.99
Regular priceUnit price per
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
Exclusively ours! We know you love olive eggs in your basket, so we've developed a gorgeous, true dark olive egger for you. The partridge plumage on this designer breed consists of hens with warm brown feathers shading to reddish gold at the hackles, each feather with double black penciling. The roosters are stunning in flame and black. About 5% of chicks hatch out in different shades, too!
You'll find your Partridge Olive Egger to be relatively small, perky and curious, and probably not first in the pecking order. They are active foragers, and prolific layers of dark olive eggs in a medium to large size. Because this is an F1 cross, there is a 1/16th chance of receiving a brown egg layer instead of an olive egg layer. (If you want a bird with a lower chance of laying a brown egg, try our Olive Egger, which is a mix of F1 and F2s.)
There is a small chance you may receive a white or yellow chick which will mature with lovely white feathering instead of the partridge coloration. This is normal with designer breeds.
- Olive Egger Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Olive Egger Chicken
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.