Tolerates Heat Well
Not Cold Hardy
Baby Chicks: Silver Laced Polish
|Shipping Week||Availability||Other Breeds Available|
Silver Laced Polish chickens are a very unique breed of chicken with their huge bouffant crest of feathers and v-shaped comb.
They are tame but their behavior can be a bit wacky since their crest limits their vision. When in a flock with more aggressive breeds, Polish will tend to be on the low end of the pecking order.
Egg laying is varied in this breed - some lay well and some very poorly. In short, Polish chickens are sweet, beautiful exhibition birds and can be good layers in the backyard flock, but they're unreliable. Please note that our flocks produce a mix of bearded and non-bearded Polish.
Related Baby Chick Articles:
- Polish Chicken: The Complete Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Polish Chicken
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.