Pullet: Blue/Black/Splash Birchen Marans, Shipping Week of 10/30/2023
Regular price $99.99
Regular priceUnit price per
The Blue/Black/Splash Birchen Marans epitomizes beauty and eggcellence. Their striking appearance, friendly temperament, and adaptability make them the perfect choice for poultry keepers seeking both aesthetic appeal and utility in their flocks.
Elevate your poultry collection to new heights with these extraordinary birds, and experience the joy of owning a rare and remarkable breed. Don't miss the opportunity to add these magnificent Birchen Marans to your flock today!
- The color blue does not hatch "true" in chickens. Blue is a diluting gene for black. So, 50% of these Birchen Marans will hatch blue, and 25% will be black. The last 25% will be "splash," having received two diluting genes. Splash is very light color, pale blur or white with "splashes" of black or darker blue in the feathers. While Birchen Marans chiefly lay dark chocolate eggs, a small percentage will lay a lighter brown.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.