Not Especially Heat Hardy
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Light Brahma, Shipping week of 03/25/2024
Brahmas are gentle giants with feathered legs, feet, and profuse, fluffy feathering. This fancy breed of chicken makes a great pet for its quiet and tame nature, tolerance to the cold, and huggability!
While not a power layer, you can expect three or so medium-sized brown eggs from this bird per week.
Brahmas were originally developed in the United States for meat production, though the hens lay relatively decently and are great setters and mothers.
The Brahma chicken breed was among the Top 10 Chicken Breeds Picked by My Pet Chicken Staff.
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Iowa, West Virginia, Texas, Hawaii and Nevada.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.