Cream, White, Tinted
Tolerates Heat Well
Not Cold Hardy
Baby Chicks: Splash Silkies
|Other Breeds Available
My Pet Chicken now offers baby chick Splash Silkies! These Splash Silkies will mature to have white silkie feathers with "splashes" of black or darker blue feathers.
Of all the ornamental chicken breeds, the Silkie Bantam is the most popular and most loved. Can't you tell why? They're the lap dog of the chicken world, complete with hair-like plumage and an incredibly sweet temperament. Silkies were originally bred in China and are still kept (and eaten) today. They have black skin and bones and five toes instead of the normal four. In addition, Silkie hens make wonderful mothers and are even known to adopt baby ducks if given a chance! You will get a mix of bearded and non-bearded varieties with your Silkie order.
And according to a recent poll we conducted, Silkies are a favorite choice as a pet for children! They were a top choice when stacked against super popular breeds like Orpingtons, Cochins, Brahmas, and Easter Eggers.
Related Baby Chick Articles:
- Silkie Chicken: The Ultimate Guide
- Chicken Breed List: Silkie
- How to Identify Baby Chicks with Leg Bands
- Baby Chick Identification Photos
- Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes
What to know about Marek's disease vaccine
- We offer the Marek's Disease vaccine on the checkout page.
- Related articles: Should I get my birds vaccinated? and All about Marek's disease.
- Due to Rhode Island state law, the minimum order of day-old chicks shipped to Rhode Island is 12.