Chicken Guard Automatic Chicken Coop Door
Automatic door open/close options
This automatic door provides two options for setting open and close times: an easy-to-use programmable timer, and an built-in light (LUX) sensor. You can choose between the manual programming option, or using the light sensor to trigger your door open/close times. You can even designate how sensitive you want your light sensor to be. The integrated LCD screen has a simple user interface and large buttons to ensure ease of use, even with gloves on. And there's a complete, step-by-step video with setup instructions (see below).
This door opener is very simple to install and operate, even by the technologically challenged! It also is the lightest model that we carry with all the features of our heavier models. The ChickenGuard door openers can be installed on smaller and more lightweight coops or chicken runs.
Premium vs Extreme
Power with batteries or plug it in
Four AA batteries, included with your purchase, will keep your door in operation for up to six months! A low battery warning will give you plenty of notice when you need to change them out. If you'd rather not hassle with batteries, there's a USB port so you can supply electricity. (Cables not included.)
How does it work?Simply fix the unit to the outside of your chicken coop with the fittings provided, connect the cord to the coop door that's enclosed, set the timer, and you're done!
Other automatic door features
- Self-locking door cannot be opened by predators once closed.
- Manual open/close option with the touch of a button
- Door is made from aluminum, with 100% recycled plastic "runners."
- Indicator light visible on control panel from 100 yards away to show your door has been successfully closed.
- Never worry with "fail-safe" mode! If you choose the light sensor to automatically open and close your door at dawn and dusk, fail-safe mode allows you to designate a time that the door must be closed by at night.
- Electronics are enclosed in a weatherproof housing. This unit works at -10 degrees C/14 degrees F.
- No-quibble 3 year guarantee – but your automatic door should last a lot longer than that!