Very Good (4/wk)
Assorted, Blue, Green, Tinted, Brown
Tolerates Heat Well
Pullet: 100% Frizzle Easter Egger, Shipping Week of 11/06/2023
Regular price $129.99
Regular priceUnit price per
About Frizzle Easter Eggers - 95% Green or Blue Eggs, 100% Frizzled, 100% Awesome! These aren't just any Easter Eggers: they're frizzled! Normally we estimate that 50% of hatchlings will be frizzled. (Long story, but you can't breed a frizzled bird to a frizzled bird, or you end up with big problems, so we breed frizzled roosters to smooth-feathered hens, which produces a 50% rate of frizzling in offspring.) ...BUT by 6 weeks old, we can determine if they have frizzle and smooth feathers. We have separated these chicks so we can offer you a 100% Frizzled Easter Egger!
These Frizzle Easter Eggers are hardy in the heat and cold, good foragers, and great producers at 4-5 blue or green* eggs a week. Some will have beards and muffs, some crested, some feather-footed. Who wouldn't want to add a few of these lovelies to their flock?
*Please note that while Easter Eggers chiefly lay blue or green eggs, a small percentage will lay another egg color, including tinted, brown, or even pinkish. Each hen will give ONE egg color. The egg color will not change from one egg being laid to another. (For example, if your hen has just laid a green egg, it will lay a green egg its entire life.)
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Due to import regulations, we cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
- Pullets will ship on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.