Very Good (4/wk)
Tolerates Heat Well
Hardy in Winter
Pullet: Cream Legbar Blue-Egger, Shipping Week of 10/30/2023
Cream Legbar chickens are friendly, easily handled, good layers, and are one of the most highly sought-after breeds in this country. This is such a wonderful breed, it's one of the ultra-rare varieties Martha Stewart asked us to deliver to her for her flock in 2016 and 2017.
They lay a beautiful, light blue or blue-green egg five to six times a week in their first year. Legbars are great foragers and do well avoiding predators in a free-range environment, although they can easily adapt to small yards and runs. And we love that their unusual little crests are tucked behind floppy combs, making them look something like they're wearing berets accented with flowers--very cool!
Benefits of Purchasing Pullets
- Started pullets are an excellent option for people who don't have the time, equipment, or desire to care for chicks.
- These juvenile chicks are sexed twice, once at hatch and again at six weeks old, which reduces your chance of ending up with roosters.
- The minimum order is just 2 chicks!
Additional Pullet Information
- These pullets will be vaccinated for Marek's disease and MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum)
- Our six-week started pullets are floor-raised and socialized with humans, and their beaks are intact--we never trim.
- Please keep your 6-week-olds quarantined from your existing flock for four or more weeks, and take care when introducing them.
Pullet Shipping Information
- All Started Juveniles are shipped USPS Express Mail.
- Pullets will ship on Tuesday or Wednesday of the designated shipping week. You will receive an email with tracking information once they leave the farm.
- We cannot ship to Texas, Hawaii and Minnesota.