Easter Egger bantams, dainty littleblue or green-egg-laying powerhouses, are one of our faves. Here's why:
Other known (misleading) aliases of this same breed: Ameraucanas, Americanas, or sometimes Araucanas; We are one of only a few places that provide true Ameraucanas.
- They tend to do super well in the heat because of their dainty size,
- They also do just fine in the cold due to their small pea comb
- Easter Eggers can be any color at all, and we just love the variety: from pure white, to silver penciled-looking, to buff, gray, blue, brown and black.
- They're easily tameable and can be a super sweet pet.
- They're super duper layers! While bantam eggs are smaller than normal, our Easter Egger bantams can easily churn out 5-6 eggs a week.
Please note that while Easter Eggers chiefly lay blue or green eggs, they may
(rarely) lay any egg color, including tinted, white, brown or even
pinkish eggs. Each hen will give only one egg color her whole life, though—it won't change from one day to the next.
Baby Chicks: Behind the Scenes