Ducklings: Blue Swedish
Blue Swedish Duck (Duck Hollow Farm) Blue Swedish Duck Blue Swedish duckling Blue Swedish ducklings Blue Swedish Duckling Blue Swedish Duckling
4Very Limited Availability
Description:Developed in the Pomeranian area of Europe when it was a part of the
Swedish Kingdom, these ducks were introduced to the USA in the late
1800s. Blue Swedish ducks are hardy and have good foraging abilities. They have a calm disposition and they are similar in size to the Rouen duck. They weigh 5-6.25 lbs and lay approximately 120-180 large white, tinted, blue, gray, or green eggs per year. Eggs will weigh 80-95 grams. (The Blue Swedish Duck pictured comes from Duck Hollow Farm in Seymour, CT.)
Blue Swedish ducks have a dark blue head with dark brown eyes. The males have a greenish blue bill and the females have a bluish slate colored bill. Their bodies are predominantly blue, with white feathers on the front of their neck and on their breast. Their shanks and feet are reddish brown with irregular markings of grayish black. Blue birds do not breed true. If you breed a Blue Swedish with a Blue Swedish, only 50% will hatch blue. You will also get 25% Black Swedish and 25% that are a very light gray color, often called Silver or Splashed White Swedish.
Our breeders go to great lengths so that they can produce these 100% blue-colored Blue Swedish ducks. For this reason, they will not have Blue Swedish available in July of each year when the breeding pens are switched out for the following season.
Our ducks will fully integrate with all the other breeds that we offer.
If you want purebred ducklings hatching from your ducks, make sure you
separate your ducks by breed during the mating season. Or you can let
your ducks cross and see what different shapes and colors you will get
with their ducklings.
* We can ship as few as two baby ducklings or goslings!
* All orders ship via USPS Priority Mail service.
Learn more about our shipping method
* You'll get the best shipping price if you order more than 15 waterfowl babies, due to the special care with which small orders must be packaged. The smallest orders of 2-9 ducklings will double or even triple your shipping rate, whereas small orders of 10-15 will add in the neighborhood of 50% more to your price (depending on your distance from our hatchery).
* Ducklings and goslings have special needs which are different from those of baby chicks. Read more, here
* Breed photos may not be representative of the parent breeding stock. In some cases our photos are of winning exhibition lines of poultry. Unless noted otherwise, we do not source from exhibition lines.